Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A New Venture

Welcome to "Sweet Water from the Rock." I would never have imagined that I actually would write a blog. We shall see how long I continue.

For the reader, it will be a meandering journey with no particular direction, though I pray that my scribbles will honor Jesus Christ, my Saviour and Lord. I will include poetry and prose, as well as pieces about writing, nature, politics, theology, people, history, literature, and anything else that happens to pique my fancy at any given moment.

It is autumn, one of my three favorite seasons of the year. Mama always said the the crisp air made the apples sweeter, so they must be turning to honey about now. It's 56 degrees outside as I write and on its way downward. I am always inspired to write when God begins painting the tree leaves shades of orange, yellow, rust, scarlet, and a burnished brown.

Autumn lends itself to Bluegrass and folk music, although opera singer Carl Tanner actually is singing Panis Angelicus on Live365 right now. (Now you know that I enjoy Christmas music all year.)

Since 6 a.m. will come early--I'm going to breakfast with a friend--it is time to end today's ramble. I hope you'll come back again. Night-night.

No comments: